Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fix My Internet

Just after Thanksgiving, I switched my Internet and television service from Cablevision to Verizon, just so I can arbitrage. Verizon promised cheaper service with more features. Instead, I got a more expensive service with more channels of shit, and worse customer service.

Because my Internet goes out, so goes my telephone (I have Vonage). The government should mandate 24 hour repair for broadband Internet, just like it does for telephone service, since many now use VoIP. Hello?

Obama has made the deployment of high-speed Internet networks as a central part of his plan to create jobs and better compete with global economies offering much faster broadband Internet speeds, often at lower prices.

But we have to have working Internet first.

Next year, I may try Direct TV. In the meantime, fix my Internet, please.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry