Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A New Year's Coming

As the new year approaches, many like to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. As with resolutions, seems like everybody wants to do good, but sometimes things just turn out bad. Things have been particularly bad for me the last couple of years:

2000 – Y2K
2001 – The year of changes: new child, new house, new career, new job, the bar, 9/11, new world.
2002 – deep depression sets in. My wife seems like she can’t stand me.
2003 – my father passes away. My firm folds. My friends scatter into the wind. No bonus.
2004 – New job. Interviews. New job. Interviews. No bonus.

But strangely, things seem to be getting better, mentally, financially, and emotionally. Relationships are improving. I get the sense of coming to terms and laying the groundwork for some kind of future. Things are happening, and they look good. What are your plans?