Saturday, February 05, 2005

Darn-it, I'd Rather Be Dumpster Diving

Max went to one of his second birthday parties today at the Wood Kingdom. Gg and I dropped him off and grabbed dinner at the diner. When we got back, Max was wearing only one sock.

G-man: Mac, what happened to your sock?
Max: It's fine, see?
G-man: No, what about the other one?
Max: It's in the ballpit.
Woodkingdom carney: Everybody come have cake and ice cream.
Gg: well, at least it's not as bad as diving a dumpster.
G-man, grimacing as the ball pit clears: I wonder if I'll find it.

The only thing I can think of that ranks as bad is eating Ethopian food with a bunch of people. Needless to say, after locating the bottom, I found three plastic whistles, a Hulk ball, somebody's bottle of milk (which only a toxicologist should open), a bad case of Rhinovirus, copius unidentifiable detritus, and finally, the missing, dirty sock.