Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Summer's Ending

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all take the whole summer off? So far, during my summer, I had one huge case settle, and then the other smaller one perked up. It was almost perfect timing, because the second one still affords me with the opportunity to go on vacation, because the judge is also away. Now I know I'll be busy for the rest of the year, and should score a good bonus at the end of the year, providing we don't screw up and win something like a summary judgment motion. Maybe I'll get really lucky and it will go to trial. It would be great fun, because the plaintiff's attorney is so incompetent, plaintiff is virtually pro se.

Looking ahead on the home front, little G starts 3rd grade. Max is starting kindergarten. Next fall he'll be in first grade. It's all going way too fast.

Well, gotta pack for my trip to Austria and meanwhile, my high def. TV's still broke. Maybe I should post more about that particular fiasco. Or about my cousin's house purchasing problems in NJ. Hey Fresh Pepper, u got any real property attorney referrals for me? Maybe more on both of those issues, later, if you want to hear about them.

Finally, let me get something off my chest that's been sitting there all summer long. "The problems of the wealthy" -- I can't let that comment slip by unopposed. Dude, you have no friggin idea what absolute poverty Jawbitch and I lived through during our respective childhoods. Her parents divorced just as she entered college. Her mom was in the hospital with breast cancer, and her dad just flat out left them. As for me, my pop left us when i was a wee lad of eight, and my mom had to get a job in the dry cleaners just to make money so she could feed us. Consequently, we had to put ourselves through college, graduate schools, law school, and dental school. It took us a really long time to get where we our today.

I'm almost old enough to be your daddy, Fresh. You know that. So harass me when you've paid your school loans off.

And even if you didn't know, I know you're joking, so fuck off and die.

There, now I feel better. See you when I get back after labor day.