Sunday, May 08, 2005

More Brief Tension

Oftentimes our senior partner confuses who is who, especially when he is pressed for time. G-man takes advantage of the email traffic to create amusing situations during such crises.

Senior Partner: Apparently version 3 of the document does not contain many of the changed I made over the weekend. DS (a female litigating partner, whose first name starts with the same letter as the senior associate, DA) will work on getting those changes into the system tomorrow morning. The so revised brief will be sent to everyone then.
DS: Me [insert DS's first name here]?!
G-man, wisely leaving the senior partner out, but not the litigating partner: Me Tarzan, you Jane.
DS: There are not enough Advils in the City for me to deal with [the senior partner's] document creation/revision methods!!

Then, DA, the senior associate, enters the fray
DA: No, he means me, DS.
DS: I'm taking Chitah and going back to the jungle!
DA: I'm going with you.
DS: No you aren't dammit; there's not enough room in the tree house!
DA: You're not implying that I'm spacially challenged, are you? P.S. I'll bring wine.
DS: Spacially challenged? No, not at all. It's that I don't want to share Tarzan. BUT if you'll bring the wine, I may reconsider (as long as you don't fall out of the tree house!).